Coming up with different meal ideas for your kids can really seem difficult at times. We are constantly thinking: “Are they eating enough?” “Are they getting enough vegetables?” “What should I make every single day?” These are all questions I ask myself ALL THE TIME. I think it’s just written in our coding as moms!
When my boys were babies, I had a hard time constantly coming up with meals that were vegetarian and also easy to chew and digest for them. Their teeth came in really late and so I had to get quite creative with coming up with food for them that was soft yet healthy and delicious.
Now that my boys are a little older, I like to make meals that the WHOLE FAMILY will enjoy. I don’t want to make one thing for my husband, another thing for myself and then separate meals for the kids. I want my boys to eat the same flavorful and delicious foods we are eating, whether that is a veggie filled pasta dish or a sweet treat.
In this post, I wanted to share with you 3 meal ideas that are huge hits every single time with my kids. I probably make these once every 2 weeks, if not every single week. They are soft, healthy, filled with veggies and easy to make! What I also love about these recipes is that you can change them according to your taste. That is way I didn’t really specify exact amounts for each ingredient. I just listed what I use and then you can add in whatever amount you like according to your taste. Watch my YouTube video linked below to see how I make all of these yummy items in more detail!
Spinach Scrambled Eggs:
1) Chop up spinach and onion and keep aside.
2) Into a bowl, add eggs, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and a splash of milk. Whisk and set aside.
3) Into a pan, melt some butter and add onion. Once cooked down a little, add spinach and cook for a few minutes. Then add egg mixture and make the scrambled eggs.
4) When eggs are almost done add in some cheese. Serve with toast and fresh orange juice!
Spaghetti Packed With Veggies
1) Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode. Add oil, carom seeds, garlic, chopped veggies (onion, tomato, bell pepper, and spinach), salt, pepper, spaghetti noodles, pasta sauce and water.
2) Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
3) Naturally release the pressure. If pasta is too runny for you, put back on sauté mode and burn out the extra water.
4) Serve with cheese and garlic bread!
Homemade Veggie Pizza
1) Into 3/4 cups + half of 3/4 warm water, add 1.5 tbsp. yeast and 1.5 tbsp. sugar. Mix and set aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast is activated.
2) Into mixing bowl, add 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp. carom seeds, 1 tbsp. fennel seeds, 3 tbsp. oil, and 1.5 tsp salt. Mix.
3) Slowly add in the yeast water and form a dough. Make sure to use dough attachment.
4) Add dough into greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise in oven for a few hours.
5) Build pizza as you like and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Make sure to poke some holes into the rolled pizza dough with a fork before you add the sauce. A little secret: I add the veggies first and THEN the cheese. That way my boys don’t see the veggies, they see all the cheese 😉 haha
Watch my YouTube video to see how I make these truffles as well as ALL the recipes I mentioned above in MORE DETAIL! Enjoy!