Garam Masala is a special blend of spices. Lot of different garam maslas are used for variety of cooking. Here is the all purpose garam masala recipe you can start with. Little goes long way… So let’s learn what actually garam masala is made of. This is basic garam masala recipe so feel free to add or omit ingredients.
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp black peppercorn (Mari)
- 1 tbsp cardamom pods (Elaichi)
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into few pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- You can add or omit spices as per your preference
- other ingredients such as fenenl seeds , anis star and many other ingredients can be added.
Roast all above ingredients lightly in a heavy botomed pan.
Keep tossing till it changes color, but do not over roast.
Now let them cool down and grind them to powder.
Store in a air tight container and use little amount to spice up your dishes.